Everybody loves movies! NoBullying provides you with a list of the must see movies for kids and families, for teens and for adults.
Must See Movies for Kids and Families
In this must see movie, farmer wins a pig at the County Fair by guessing its weight. The pig narrowly avoids becoming Christmas dinner. When the Border Collie on the farm is injured, the farmer trains the pig to herd sheep instead. The pig and the farmer enter a competition for sheep herding and win the contest.
Spoiler – See the finale – “That’ll do pig.”
2. Benji – IMDB 6 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 86% Rated G
Benji is an adorable mutt who comes to the rescue when children are kidnapped.
See the Benji film on YouTube
3. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory – IMDB 7.8 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 89% Rated G
A poor boy’s dreams come true when he becomes the owner of the candy factory.
See Charlie finds a Golden Ticket, giving him the chance to visit the candy factory.
4. Star Wars – IMDB 8.7 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 93% Rated PG
This is the film that started this major franchise. It is the story of how a young man, with the help of some odd characters and robots, rescues a princess from evil forces that want to rule the universe.
5. The Wizard of Oz – IMDB 8.1 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 99% Rated G
A young girl from Kansas hits her head during a tornado and is transported in her dreams to the fantasy land of Oz. Judy Garland gives a stunning performance of the song “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.”
6. E.T. – IMDB 7.9 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 98% Rated G
Henry Thomas plays a young boy who discovers an extraterrestrial creature and they become friends. His audition, which won him the role, is outstanding.
7. Toy Story – IMDB 8.3 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 100% Rated G
This animation movie made Pixar famous. It is the story about toys that come to life.
8. Up – IMDB 8.3 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 98% Rated G
A boy and an old man go on an adventure in this animation film using balloons to make a house fly in the air.
9. Mary Poppins – IMDB 7.8 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 100% Rated G
In this musical, a magical nanny played by Julie Andrews comes to help the father and his children.
Enjoy Julie Andrews singing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious with Dick Van Dyke.
10. Pinocchio – IMDB 7.5 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 100% Rated G
This classic Disney animation film is about a wooden boy puppet who wants to become a real boy.
Must See Movies For Teens
1. Billy Elliot – IMDB 7.7 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 85%
A boy from a working class family in England wants to become a ballet dancer.
2. Titanic – IMDB 7.7 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 88%
A love story occurs on the famous ocean liner that sank on its maiden voyage. The Titanic film is the biggest box office smash of all time.
3. Forest Gump – IMDB 8.8 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 72%
A slower thinking man finds himself the center of attention.
4. Good Will Hunting – IMDB 8.3 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 97%
A genius young man is discovered working as a janitor at MIT.
5. Lord of the Flies (1963 version) – IMDB 7 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 100%
Boys go mad when a plane crash leaves them stranded on an island.
6. American Graffiti– IMDB 7.5 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 95%
This is a great coming of age tale from the time when rock music was born.
7. The Gods Must Be Crazy – IMDB 7.3 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 95%
This is the funniest film to come out of South Africa. A native finds a coke bottle that has fallen from the sky and tries to return it to the “gods.”
8. Amadeus – IMDB 8.4 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 95%
This is the story about Mozart and his music.
9. King of Hearts – IMDB 7.5 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 91%
A town in France during WWII is abandoned when a bomb is discovered and the lunatics from the asylum are set free to take over the town.
10. Harold and Maude IMDB 8.1 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 86%
This is the story of a suicidal young man who learns how to really be alive from an eighty-year old woman. The film has a superb soundtrack with music from Cat Stevens.
Must See Movies For Adults
1. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest – IMDB 8.7 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 97%
Jack Nicholson stars as a guy sent to a mental hospital run by a sadistic head nurse.
2. 2001: A Space Odyssey – IMDB 8.3 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 96%
This classic science fiction movie was written by Arthur C. Clarke and directed by Stanley Kubrick.
3. Gone with the Wind – IMDB 8.2 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 95%
This film is an amazing epic about the South during the American Civil War.
4. Raging Bull – IMDB 8.3 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 98%
Hyper-violence and Robert De Niro’s performance of the life of boxer Jack Lamota make this an outstanding film directed by Martin Scorsese.
5. Casablanca – IMDB 8.6 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 97%
Humphrey Bogart as a bar owner in North Africa falls in love with the character played by Ingrid Bergman.
6. Citizen Kane – IMDB 8.6 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 100%
Often called the best film of all time, it was directed by Orson Welles and he played the lead role. It is about a tycoon’s loneliness and longing for simpler times.
This is the movie trailer used before the film came out in 1940, which is like a home movie made by Orson Welles.
7. Lawrence of Arabia – IMDB 8.4 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 99%
This 1962 film was based on the adventurous life of T. E. Lawrence played by actor Peter O’Toole.
8. The Godfather – IMDB 9.2 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 99%
Marlon Brando gives an exceptional performance as the mafia boss.
9. Singin’ in the Rain – IMDB 8.4 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 100%
This is a terrific musical from Hollywood’s golden days starring Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds, and Donald O’Connor.
10. The Shawshank Redemption – IMDB 9.3 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 91%
A man has an amazing experience as a prisoner.
11. Schindler’s List – IMDB 8.9 out of 10, Rotten Tomatoes 96%
This is Steven Spielberg’s remarkable film about a man who saves Jewish people during WWII.
Alfred Hitchcock directed 54 movies during his career as “The Master of Suspense.” These are just a sampling of the many great films he directed. Rear Window is about a man who while recovering from a broken leg thinks his neighbor that he watches through window has murdered his wife. Vertigo is about a man afraid of heights. North by Northwest is an action film starring Cary Grant and Eva Saint Marie. Psycho is the first “slasher” film and one of the must see horror movies. In the movie called “The Birds,” normally docile creatures change into attack monsters.
This list is too short to include all the must see movies out there. IMDB provides a list of the top directors and a list of the top 100 and top 250 movies to watch, for those who wish to look for other must see movies.
There are at least 1001 movies you must see before you die, so enjoy a cinematic adventure of these must see movies to get started on your path to creating your list of the best must see movies of all time.