Taking care of bullying can be a multi-step process, which is going to take quite a bit of time. The problem is a lot of people think they can quickly solve the bullying problem and not have to be concerned about the bully coming back to pick on them or their friends. However, this is only the start of a problem because a bully will typically require quite a bit of work to figure out which of the solutions to bullying will work best in handling the bully. Without this type of advice, it is nearly impossible to figure out which of the solutions to bullying is going to work best at dealing with the bully and helping to get them nursed back to the point of being a good citizen rather than the bully that so many people have started to see them as.
Solutions to Bullying: Find Programs for the Bully to Take
Typically the bully is going to pick a target for a couple of reasons. One of those reasons is because they are bored, but it could also be because of something that is going on at their home that is requiring them to feel like they need the power trip that comes from pushing someone else around. However, sometimes the bully will do well with some of the various programs that are available for them to take and this can help them learn more about what they are doing.
– Motivational programs are a great option for the bully who is having some minor problems. In these programs, the bully will get talked to about what is going on with them, but also will have motivational talks given to them about what they can do different. So the bully will no longer feel like they are an outsider or having to feel down all the time. Instead, the bully is going to start to feel better about what they are doing and how they are reacting to the situations that are going on with them.
– Scare courses is another tactic that may be tried with some of the bullies who are present. These tactics are the ones where the bully will be taken to a jail or other location and scared about what could happen to them. This tactic is the one that is shown on some of the television shows that people have seen on television before. When people do use this tactic they need to make sure they are aware of what they are doing and it should only be done under the assistance of a professional to keep an eye on the situation.
Solutions to Bullying: Sit Down and Talk with the Bully
Talking with the bully is another option that people will want to do. This can be done by a principal or someone else who has been trained in how to handle a bully. Either way the talks should be focused more on the actions that the bully is doing and why they are doing this.
– Psychologist is a great person to have the bully talk with. When these professionals are talking with the bully they are able to dig down and figure out what is making the bully do what they are doing. However, this could cost quite a bit of money for the family of the bully. The good news is the bully, if they are in school, could end up getting the treatment as part of the schooling that they are taking part in.
Solutions to Bullying: Try to Fit the Bully into the Right Group
Sometimes the bully is pushing other people around because they do not feel like they are in a place they belong. So you could try to take the bully and put them in a group that will help the bully be integrated into the group and not feel left out. By doing this, you will find the bully may end up stopping push other people around and could even become a great citizen that others will want to look up to.
– For most of the bullies who are in this state you may want to fit them in to a group that can handle themselves. A good example of this is to put the bully into a group that is larger than the bully can handle or even better to put the bully in a group with people who are not going to take the stuff the bully has been known to give to other people.
– Something else you can try to do is put the bully in a group of kids who have recovered from their bullying attitude. When you put the bully in with former bullies it may be easy for them to see the damage they have caused to people they have bullied, but also to see more about how they are going to feel when they have finally decided to complete their bullying and start to feel the remorse that so many bullies end up feeling.
Solutions to Bullying: Educate People about What a Bully Is
Education is key for anything in life and this is really true when you are dealing with a bully. Sometimes the bully does not realize the action they are doing is actually being a bully and this can easily lead to them continuing the action because they think it is normal to be doing this. However, when they start to learn more about what a bully is and how they are going to hurt other people by doing this action on a regular basis, it is possible to see the bully will slow down or completely stop what they were doing because they finally realize the harm they were causing to the other kids or people they were pushing around.
Solutions to Bullying: Provide Steps for Others to Report the Bullying Activity
Sometimes the people who are being bullied will let it happen because they do not know how to report the bullying that has been happening to them. When this happens they will continue in the downward spiral as the bully starts to gain more control over their life and this can easily lead to them not feeling good about themselves at all. However, by providing a variety of ways and steps for people to report the bully the chances are better that the bully will be reported and the solutions can be put in place to prevent the bully from causing anymore harm than what they have already done to people.
Having a great time in school or in life is very important. However, you will quickly find that it is nearly impossible to take control of your life if you are constantly having to battle a bully who is always lurking to take control of the situation and make people feel uncomfortable when they are just trying to live out their daily lives. This is when you should know about some of the solutions to bullying that you can take to guarantee the bully is not going to get the better of you. Without this type of solution you could end being the victim day in and day out and this can easily lead to you not wanting to go on with your daily life like you had been before the bully got to you.
Want more solutions to bullying? Read: The One Solution to Bullying and know more about Bullying Resources for Prevention and Solutions solutions.