Drug abuse is a major problem that people have to deal with in their life or the lives of other people. This is when people should know more information about the way drug abuse is going to affect their life. However, a lot of people do not know what is drug abuse, the various drug abuse facts, drug abuse statistics, that a national institute on drug abuse exists, and even how common it is for them to go through teen drug abuse and prescription drug abuse happening all around them. Once people know about the Effects this has on them, they will figure out what the problem is and how they can combat the issue at any given time.
Effects Drug Abuse Has On The Abuser
Normally people will not realize the abuse they are putting their body through. However, the Effects of the abuse is going to be all over the people in how they are acting and what they are doing. So people need to make sure they have friends who are watching for the signs of abuse, but also be brave enough to tell the abuser they may have an issue that they need to deal with.
- Change in appearance is a major affect the drug abuse will put onto people. Normally people will not think about this, but when they are abusing drugs they are going to forget about their hygiene and even forget about how pretty they were before they started the drugs. However, the drugs are going to take control and this means that people will end up looking worse than they ever had before.
- Typically people who are abusing drugs is going to leave behind some of their favorite activities. People normally will want to do something that they love all the time. However, when people are letting a substance, like drugs, take over their body they will quickly abandon the activities they love and this can another sign that people are starting to become addicted to the drugs.
- Something else that the abuser does to themselves is they start to do things they never would have done before to get the drugs. For example, some people will start to trade items they love to get the drugs they want to have. However, this is not always something so simple that people are trading and it really depends on how deep into the addiction people are when they are starting to trade items off for the drugs.
What Drug Abuse Does To Family Members
The abuser may think the drugs are only affecting them, but this is a bad assumption as the drugs are affecting the entire family unit. In fact, most of the people who suffer the most from drug abusers is the children and direct relations. The problem is the abuser does not realize this until they have a moment of clear thought, which is quickly clouded over by the fact that the abuser wants to get high again and needs to find their drugs.
- With the older family members the abuse often leaves them questioning what went wrong. Typically the older family members will recall the time when the abuser was such a great person and not really think about them on drugs. However, people will also think they are failing in some way because a relative is addicted to drugs.
- Children are the unknown victim that is found with a home that has any type of abuser, but this is really true when people are looking at the kids who are in a home that is full of drug abusers. When the drug abusers are looking for their high or failing to get their high, they will normally lash out at the people who are close by. So people will inadvertently lash out at the kids who are in the room. However, the children will also be hurt by the abusers because of them being left behind while the parents or other people are out getting the drugs they need. Something else which people will do when they are abusing drugs with the kids is making the drugs in the same home as the kids. When the drugs are made in the same home with the kids and this not only endangers the kids because of the exposure, but also because of the addicts who come to the home buying the drugs.
How Drug Abuse Impacts Society
Societal impact is something that a lot of people are not really aware of, but the impacts are present all over the place. People just have to know where to look to see just how the drug abuse is affecting the neighborhoods and even the resources of a community that are tied up to deal with the abuse.
- Ties up resources that can be used to help other people is a main impact that drug abuse can play in society. Normally people would not think about this, but when a person is abusing drugs it often leads to them having to get some extra care to deal with the abuse. Since the resources are dealing with the drug abuser they may not be available to help out someone else who needs to have the help.
- Something else that drug abuse can lead to is tying up quite a bit of funds for people. Normally people do not think about this, but with a drug abuser the care they obtain is often paid for by the public. Since the public is paying for the bills it is often tying up quite a bit of the funds that can be used to help other people or support other programs.
Dealing with drug abuse is a major problem. However, people will find that it is having impacts far beyond the abuser themselves. In fact, the drug abuse often will impact the abuser in a variety of ways, but the family members, friends, and even society as a whole.